Cookies on our websites
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, or they delete themselves automatically at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than MD Consents, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
We are required by law to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies that we use; if this document does not answer all of your queries, you should contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are a text-only string of information transferred to your computer’s hard disk, if you agree.
Cookies will typically contain the domain name of the site from which they come, the “lifetime” or “expiry time” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
On its own, the content of a cookie cannot be used to identify an individual.
How to control cookie settings
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of our websites to set cookies, you may impair your overall user experience, may be unable to access parts of our website which require Strictly Necessary cookies. Below you can learn about how to control cookie settings on popular web browsers:
If you have questions about the use of Cookie technologies on our sites please contact us.
Technical information about the cookies we use
Strictly Necessary cookies
- Cookie Names: ARRAffinity, Abp.AuthToken ,enc_auth_token (Microsoft Azure)
- This is used because our website is hosted on Microsoft Azure to keep a visitor’s session to a specific instance of the website within Azure. These expire when the session expires.
Analytical / Performance cookies
- Cookie Names: _ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_UA-xxxx (Google analytics)
- We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website to evaluate and develop our Website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’ and allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately.
- The data collected by cookies is analysed with analytics software – no personal data is captured, this is aggregated data and does not identify any individual. This data can sometimes be stored outside the EEA.
- For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, see here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google’s opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Cookie Names: wp_statistics_opt_out (WP Statistics)
- We use WP Statistics on our marketing site only for additional statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website to evaluate and develop the marketing website.
- Cookie Names: catAccCookies (UK Cookie Consent)
- It runs when upon the first visit to the marketing website, and then again every 3 months.